Rawlings' R9 series baseball gloves are crafted from soft, durable leather, making them ready for game use. These gloves boast an 80% factory break-in, leaving just 20% for the player to complete. They feature the same patterns as Rawlings' pro gloves, with a mostly standard fit, except for two models, the 315-6BG and 314-2BG, that have a narrow fit. It's important to note that these gloves are distinct from the R9 Youth Pro Taper series, which are designed for youth players and feature red stitching instead of gold. The R9 Contour is best for 8U, 10U, and 12U players. The R9 series also includes a reinforced palm pad for impact reduction, padded thumb loop for added comfort, and padded finger back liners for a soft, comfortable feel.